Based in Zurich, Switzerland
1 March, 2022
An atmospheric vehicle adventure that follows the emotional journey of a boy and his ship as he embarks on a voyage to find a new home. Sail stormy waters, dive unknown depths, and explore forgotten ruins in a beautifully realised, flooded world.
While adapting «FAR: Lone Sails» to other platforms, the team simultaneously began crafting their second title, «FAR: Changing Tides». In late 2019, Okomotive secured a publishing agreement with the UK-based Frontier Developments for this new project. To tackle the challenges and demands of a larger game production, the team expanded to nine members in August 2020. «FAR: Changing Tides» debuted on March 1, 2022, across all major platforms, receiving critical acclaim from both the existing fan base and international critics.
- AN ALL-NEW COMPANION TITLE: Expanding on the desolate setting seen in FAR: Lone Sails, Changing Tides swaps sun scorched, dusty planes for stormy skies and high seas. With new environments, puzzles, and ship mechanics.
- A FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL: Overcome the elements as new protagonist, Toe, who awakens to find themselves alone, stranded in a flooded world. What once was home is transformed into an unfamiliar and sometimes hostile environment.
- CAPTAIN YOUR SHIP: Experience the thrill of captaining a distinctive seafaring vessel. Together you’ll brave high seas, navigate intense storms, and plumb the perils of a briny deep in search of precious fuel and salvage.
- A MEDITATIVE EXPERIENCE: Captaining your extraordinary ship, raise the mast, angle and billow the sails, light the furnace and more as you learn to sail the ocean while mourning the loss of your home.
- SOUNDS OF THE OCEAN: A dynamic soundtrack reacts to player and environmental actions, amplifying key moments in the game and heightening the atmosphere.
Pre-Order Trailer YouTube
Feature Reveal Trailer YouTube
Announcement Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Music Sound Awards 2021 (Finalist)"
We connect gameplay and atmosphere to create meaningful and breathtaking journeys. Okomotive is an indie game studio based in Zurich, Switzerland. The company was founded in 2017 by Don Schmocker and Goran Saric and is the team behind the «FAR» games.
More information on Okomotive, our logo & relevant media are available here.
FAR: Changing Tides Credits
Co-Founder, Creative Lead
Co-Founder, Lead System Programmer
Game Design Lead
Sound Design, Programming